Friday, January 16, 2009

No Baby Yet.

We had our first false alarm Wednesday night. I had my normal appointment and my blood pressure was a bit high. And since my due date is just days away the midwife wanted me to go to the hospital for monitoring. She mad it sound that once I got there and they saw my high blood pressure they would for sure induce. So when we got there all hooked up to the machine, my blood pressure was just perfect, for all 4 hours we sat in labor and delivery with perfect readings. So they sent us home with nothing. So now I have to go in ever other day to be monitored just in case it goes up again. The good news is no one has ever been pregers forever, even though I feel like I have been, we will have our little guy here in just days. We will keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Z said...

Best of luck with the waiting game. He'll be in your arms before you know it and you will be in LOVE!!!! Congrats Tiff!

candice said...

ahhhhhhhhhh...the moment will arrive before you know it!! craziness. can't wait. labor is horrible but you'll survive and breastfeeding is even worse, but you'll get through that too. i suggest having some lanolin on hand as well as a good hand pump for when your milk comes in, otherwise you are stuck with rock hard boobs and no outlet. trust me, it is not fun. love you. can't wait for the little new mr.corley.

Jessica Furland said...

I went through the same thing, I kept thinking they were going to induce me because I had high blood pressure at just about every appt. but then it would go down when I went to labor and delivery for monitoring...then I had borderline fluid levels...but no induction until I was 12 dys past due, and that was because during monitoring the baby had a little heart beat deceleration during a braxton hicks contraction and they decided to admit me. It is really nerve wracking not knowing if every time you go in for monitoring if they are going to keep you. Hopefully you'll go into labor on your own, induction isn't so fun...hang in there and be as LAZY as possible until he comes..sleep all day if you want!! It will be awhile until you get to sleep like that again. I am typing one handed right now as Kellen naps in my arms....good luck!!